quote

“I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race [is] not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.”

~*~Ecclesiastes 9:11~*~

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog novel!

Nor the Battle to the Strong was a novel I started writing while in college, and finished the first draft of soon after graduating.  It's always held a special place in my heart, and I've wanted to share it for some time, but over the years since graduation my writing style and voice has changed.  What I originally wrote (and the revisions that happened soon after) no longer sound like ME.

With that, I've decided to revise it again.  Update the story.  And I want to share it here as I do so.

This is an experiment.  An opportunity for me to share with you some characters that I very much love, and a story that has remained in my mind over the years.  I hope you will join me on this, and I hope you will convince others to read it as well.

For now, as I figure out how best to run this blog, I'm going to stick to the following schedule, so you will know what to expect.  This could change down the line, and perhaps there will be times when I will be unable to follow this schedule, but I'm going to do my best to stick to it.

  • Mondays: Novel post.  This may be a full chapter, or a half a chapter, or a page.  But it will be consecutive in the story.  I won't jump around.  You will get the novel in the order it was written.
  • Wednesdays: Another novel post.
  • Fridays: Either another novel post or what I'm going to coin a "behind the scenes" post.  Behind the Scenes posts will be whatever I feel like sharing about the writing process, or the characters, or the research, etc.
  • Weekends: I'm not planning on posting on the weekends right now, but this does not necessarily mean you won't get a surprise post from time to time.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on my Facebook author page, on my twitter, or in the comments on this blog.  Perhaps I will answer some reader questions for "behind the scenes" posts!

I'm very excited about this, and I hope you are as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment